Sunday, August 16, 2009

Shop Hop Road Trip- San Diego Area!

We decided to head to the furthest store south and then shop our way back up.


Our first stop in our San Diego Area was at Los Coyotes in Old Town SD to pick up hand made flour tortillas for my husband... from there it was easy to get to Scrapbook your life (it's next to the Harley Store). The had a huge selection of plastic templates and all the new fall colors of glitter mist! This store was well stocked with stickers and paper too!

Our 2nd scrapbook stop was Paper Tales... and after seeing shop hoppers and the previous store with their name tags decorated, I decided I was not going to leave this store until I found the perfect supplies to pimp my tag... I found the green, pink, and blue ribbon, and pattern flower paper on the sale table that matched the brown lanyard. So Carmen drove us to the next shop while I worked on my tag...


Cool Scrapbook Stuff had every lasting impression template ever made and idea booklets to go with it! Whole sections were dedicated to glimmer mist, distress ink, quickcutz, and did I mention they had stamps?! Wow!!! they had card making kits that included the paper, pens, stamps, embellishments.

Stamping Details had the whole elephant theme around the store, even the lanyard pin was an elephant (very cute). This store had a take and make where Carmen and I picked all the layout sample to learn how to use the different techniques of Adirondack Alcohol Ink. Another product I learned about here is called Static Cling Mounting Foam. I remove the my rubber stamp from the wooden blocks and place the rubber on the cling foam and now my old wood stamp works just like a clear acrylic stamp! They have classes on Saturdays and Sundays!



















The Pink Pineapple Scrapbooks store had a cute lanyard pin with green pineapple tied to a safari ribbon. They also had a very cute make' n take designed by Carmen's favorite designer: Jennifer Priest. We attended Jennifer's classes at another store, her ideas are always new and completely original! We were informed that she is on the design team here! The cashier gave me her blog, and she has some great links to other scrapbook bloggers!
















Our final stop for the day was Ever After Scrapbooks. We sat down and did our make'n take there and chatted with the staff. This store was having a pj crop night and a lot of scrappers were arriving while we were there.. The store was well nicely stocked with a little of everything.

No comments: