Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shop Hop is here again!

I feel kinda guilty about not updating this blog... the truth is the photos I was working on I lost them... and though I'd find them and catch up, but it's been almost a year, and still can't find the pictures! I have scrapbooked and every time I do, I can't stop thinking of how I failed my own challenge... but now with SHOP HOP here again, I built up enough courage to start a new challenge! I downloaded photos to Wallgreens and used the "Paradise" discount password (75 pics for $10)and was ready to start a new adventure! Our goal is to Visit all the Scrapstores and spend the $20 bucks to get the free pin on my lanyard! Carmen and I went to 13 stores on the first Friday... 3 stores weren't open yet, so we only got 11 stamps, but they are too far from where I live, so we'll revisit in a couple of weeks.


While every single store was friendly a few stood out from the crowd: Karen's Hallmark had a great idea about making a $20 buck packet to go with the make'n take and it had glitter mist bottles and distress inks (which you can't have too many of)!
Stamp your Heart Out placed a very cute elephant die cut on our Shop Hop Passport and gave us safari snack..yum! I really like a display card and she brought it down from the wall and helped me find the exact pencils I needed to recreate it! While the owner was away on a scrapbook expo, Metropolitan Scrapbook Company had volunteers running the shop and they did a great job showing us how to use shimmery flock a product I had never heard of before. It was fun to work on our make n take and it only took a couple of minutes! Most scrapbook shops were selling the 2nd page layout (2.50), but Scrapping Lounge (SL) included it as part of the free make n take. SL also had a flyer about spending $50 bucks a month in 3 of your favorite stores that you'd miss if they weren't around and how your spending could help make a difference! I'm strong believer in shopping at mom and pop shops and buying food from farmers markets so it's great to see that it actually does help. check there website for more info on that.

So far, all the scrap stores have had great layouts and the pages tend to compliment each other.


PS: take pictures of the make'n'takes at the store, some of the projects don't come with a picture or instructions inside. some stores have it posted on the website, but for me it's easier just then and there snap the picture (just in case).








No comments: